Friday 19 October 2012

Target located


My apologies for the delay on my blog. I had a busy summer with my job, and not much free time to blog. I wish I could report that I spent my summer cruising around on a Harley, but no such luck.

I finally found myself in a dealership sitting on a nice 1999 sportster 883. The dealership here in Thunder Bay wanted $5500.00 for it, but it had a lot of miles on it and seemed out dated with an ugly dull orange color.

I finally worked up the nerve to ask Harley how there financing worked.. Not bad a reasonable 10% down, and with good credit (as if) I could pay as low as $90 a month for payments for five years. Although this doesn't sound too bad the more I look into insurance for first time graduated license drivers. A bike with on a loan agreement needs comprehensive insurance. I've recently turned 36. Have no prior accidents, or claims. Insurance cost average about $2600. Now bringing the total bill to around $200 a month to have the privilege of riding a used Harley Sporty. So I left the idea behind for awhile. Here we are in October, and I eat, sleep, dream the thought of riding a Harley.

On October 6, my birthday I went out to rural thunder bay to look at a 2005 sporty I had been eyeing on kijiji for a few weeks.. Here's a pic of this momentous day.





What a nice bike. Thank you to Dan and Annie for letting me take it for a ride on the rural roads. Or thanks to them it kicked my HOG bug into full gear I'm absolutely obsessed to the point of no return. I've got an appointment this afternoon with a bank to see about a personal loan. Wish me luck!

Thank you to those who have read my blog, and helped with positive comments during this time of my disease. I'm still dreaming of the cure. The day I put my own Harley into first gear and let out the clutch. Ahh what a sweet sound.

Steve McNally


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment